2/27/12

Oscar After Party @ the Top of Hollywood Hills: Maxim Party w/ Ludacris Concert

with singer Letoya Luckett (former Destiny's Child member, now a solo artist)

(L-R) Amber Rasberry (Tyler Perry Studios), Ashley NYC, Wendy Rose Berry (Warner Brothers)


Sunday night after the Oscars Awards, Maxim magazine held a party on the very top of Hollywood Hills at a lavish mansion. Ludacris gave a concert. It was an interesting party. Only in Los Angeles would Maxim magazine have an Oscars party, LOL. Not necessarily the ideal match when one thinks of branding. But hey, it was fun.

Someone on Facebook asked me today about the event: “Just curious... did he tone down his misogynistic lyrics for the event?”

I answered: “Funny, my friends and I discussed that topic as well last night at the party”

My Facebook friend continued: “And?”

I replied: “Some of his music is fun to dance to, great beats. But little girls need to know that they are precious spirits, not objects.”

Since I do a lot of philanthropy and activism, my FB friend felt the need to make the point that Ludacris’ lyrics are off putting to women, so why did I attend? Well, I attended the party to see me friends and to have fun, period.




Ludacris gets down at the 2am concert!



Happy Buddah by the pool! w/ Hollywwod Life's Russ Weakland



with singer Marz Lovejoy (right)

No comments:

Post a Comment